This massive recall involves two models of the Air Fryers PowerXL dual-basket air fryer—DUAF-10 and DUAF-005.
According to a notice from the CPSC, these egg-shaped air fryers have two baskets that can be used separately, or optionally combined into one large single basket, and it’s the combination of these baskets that poses a significant risk.
If you’ve purchased an air fryer over the last few years, you may want to take a closer look at it.
Per an announcement from the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Empower Brands is recalling more than 300,000 of its PowerXL Air Fryers due to a “burn hazard.”
“The plastic U-Channel connector used to optionally combine the two food baskets inside of the air fryers can break during use, posing a burn hazard,” the notice explained.
So, how do you know if your air fryer is one of the approximately 319,000 appliances included in this recall? Per the CPSC, the recalled air fryers were sold in black or cinnamon colors.
The 10-quart DUAF-10 model is about 17 inches long by 16 inches wide by 12 1/2 inches tall, and weighs about 14 1/2 pounds, while the 9-quart DUAF-005 model is about 14 inches long by 13 inches wide by 15 inches tall, and weighs about 14 pounds.
Additionally, both products have a silver label on the front that says “PowerXL”. There is also a white label on the bottom of each unit, or on the unit’s power cord, that lists the model number.
The recalled air fryers were sold at Target, Walmart, Kohls, and other stores nationwide from August 2021 through October 2023.
They could also be purchased online via Target.com, Walmart.com, Kkohls.com, and other websites during that same time period, and retailed for $60 to $190, depending on the model.
Thus far, Empower Brands has received 41 reports of the product breaking during use, including three reports of burns.
Due to this potential hazard, the CPSC notes that consumers should immediately stop using the recalled dual basket air fryers and contact Empower Brands to receive a full refund.
See Also :
- Tyrone GAA hit out: streaming revenues hit by piracy
- Haleon workers pay deal: Haleon workers vote to accept new pay deal
- Mark Cuban : Next to gamble after sale of Dallas Mavericks stake
- Defamation Case: Kerry Stokes to Pay Costs of Ben Roberts-Smith’s
- New Doritos Liquor Dare To Dive Into Booze Business, Introduce Nacho Cheese-Flavored Liquor
- Delta flight: passengers left stranded in barracks from Amsterdam to Detroit diverted to Canada
- Inflation in Argentina set to spike to 12% as Milei era begins
- Over lack of Autopilot safeguards: Tesla recalls nearly all vehicles on US roads
- David Moyes message: David Moyes sends heartfelt message to returning West Ham hero Craig Dawson ahead of Wolves clash